TATTOO AFTER CARE
DAY ONE: Your new tattoo will be somewhat tender, and will feel like a new
sunburn. The care of your tattoo is your responsibility. How you care for it in the
first few days determines the way it will look forever.
-Leave bandage on for at least six hours.
-Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
-Remove bandage carefully-wet in shower if it seems to stick.
-Wash tattoo with warm water, and a mild soap, lathering with hand.
-Rinse tattoo well with warm water, until surface feels squeaky clean.
-Pat tattoo dry with a clean, disposable paper towel.
-Apply small amount of Aquaphor to tattoo and work into skin.
-Blot excess lotion or ointment with a clean paper towel.
-Tattoo should not be greasy-LESS IS MORE!
-Do not rebandage tattoo.
-Do not use washcloth, loofa, or sponge to wash tattoo.
-Do not dry with a towel. Cloth towels can harbor bacteria.
-Do not touch tattoo with dirty hands. Do not let anyone else, either.
-Do not apply excessive lotion or ointment. Tattoo should not look "soggy*
-Do not use products containing aloe vera, alcohol, or cortisone.
-Do not expose tattoo to natural or artificial sunlight for a minimum of 3 weeks.
-Do not soak in tub, pool, or lake. All of these contain bacteria.
-Do not pick or scratch tattoo. Use a little lotion for itching.
DAYS 2-14: Healing tattoos will peel and flake, small bit of colored skin will
shed. It may not look as "crisp" as the first few days, and may appear "hazy."
This is completely normal, and will clear up in 2-3 weeks. Continue to wash and
dry tattoo twice a day, morning, and night, as directed in day one. Apply lotion 4-5
times a day, being sure to use a small amount only, and work it in.
PRODUCTS WE RECOMMEND:
SOAP: Liquid Dial or equivalent, Ivory Bar, or Pure & Natural Bar.
LOTION: Eucerin, Aquaphor
PIERCING AFTER CARE
1. Clean your new piercing at least 3 times a day
2. Always wash your hands prior to cleaning the pierced area
3. Use a mild white soap then flush with saline solution
4. No direct sun and no swimming in pool, river, ocean, jacuzzi, or any lake for at least 30 days.
5. No tight clothing on pierced area, it needs to breath.
6. Do not use q tips or cotton balls as fibers can get stuck and cause irritation.
7. If you have any questions concerning your piercing, please call on us any time. Do not rely on others for information.